Tuesday, December 29, 2009

D.I.Y. Self-Help Recovery to regain a healthy neck

Diary entry: 12-10-2005
I discovered another way to help me recover faster. I learned from a medical website which suggested that to keep a healthy neck I should roll a towel into a sausage shape and rest my neck on it. That's supposed to keep my cervical section in the ideal curved shape.

I figure that since the chiropractor uses a traction device to bend it, I can help to maintain the shape by sleeping on something rolled up like a giant sausage under my neck for about 15-20 minutes a few times a day, with my head (the weight of a bowling ball) to bend it down. Amazingly, the pain which is now at nuisance rating went away during the time that slept on the 'sausage'.

Since I can now brush my teeth in the morning without feeling that knife twisting in my shoulder and a branding iron burning my arm, my spirits are up again as I see this as a sign that I'm on the road to recovery. I've also scheduled my sessions to twice a week like I planned. 4 more to go to make it 12. That count includes the initial session.

No comments:

Post a Comment