Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Julie Andrews Became A Legend

So what's new...
I practically grew up with Julie Andrews. From the 'Sound of Music' to the 'Sound of Music'.... There was no other movie I can recall that made so much impact on me. I watched that movie on TV twice (at each re-run). And I taped it. And I watched it again (and I stopped counting...)

Back then in 1970s there were a few of her shows in black and white, one in particular with Dick Van Dyke. She went, "...these are a few of my favorite sings"... and they both laughed.
She's my favorite singer/actress of all time....

"Maalox and nose drops and needles for knitting,
Walkers and handrails and new dental >fittings
Bundles of magazines tied up in string
These are a few of my favorite things".....

But this jokey one, I just happened to try to find if it's on You-tube... guess what I found instead?

Yep...t'was an urban legend.

I love it anyway.

4 comments:

  1. my fav movie of all time too! been watching the movie since i was a kid...and till now...i have the dvd in my collection - it's a must! she's truly one classy lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Sound of Music is my all time favourite - what does it say about me when i know all the songs and most of the text?
    I've been to a Sing-a-long version of this movie once and it was awesome to be there ^_^

    Another excellent movie starring Julie is Mary Poppins, another classic... that i know word for word..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Ben, Mary Poppins is the most significant character in my little girl's life as far as movies concerned... And I also agree with you Teh, The Sound of Music is also unforgettable. Julie A. has that feature I so often miss from actresses nowaday: charm and pureness in one person:)

    ReplyDelete